Best 2015 albums
Well it's New Years eve of 2015 and I'm sitting here with my guitar, computer, and sore fingers reflecting on this past year. I've starting immersing myself into the world of music again, spending all my money on music and attending a bunch of concerts (I used #yearoftheconcert on my twitter whenever I bought a new ticket, I've seen 10+ shows!). All over the internet now are "best of 2015!" posts. So, I've decided to do my own. These are MEGA BIASED so sorry but there's no Justin Bieber here....
Best 2015 albums
10. Sounds Good Feels Good - 5 Seconds Of Summer - This album is one of many in the new punk rock reemergence. 5 Seconds Of Summer's sophomore album is a big improvement on their first, departing from simple love songs to more complicated problems, such as family issues ("Broken Home") to loneliness ("Invisible"). Everyone needs to listen to this album and say to my face that they could not play alongside All Time Low and The Academy Is. October 23
9. Future Hearts - All Time Low - More proof that punk rock is not dead. My hometown heroes All Time Low have had their biggest success with Future Hearts. They're adults now, but they're still young, and they bring that maturity to this album. They may be older but they're sill frustrated, and let's be honest, Jack will never be a day over 21 in our eyes. April 3
8. No Closer To Heaven - The Wonder Years - This is the first album The Wonder Years have released after their "trinity" of albums about depression. This album is about coping with loss and what to do with the emotions that come along with that. Perfect for blasting when you're stressed. September 4
7. Froot - Marina and the Diamonds - Marina has a very unique sound, and has a unique view of the world that is unlike other pop stars. Froot is a great follow up to her sophomore LP Family Jewels. March 13.
6. Black Cat - never shout never - This album is not a big radio hit, but it was nonetheless very impressive. Black Cat is a milestone for never shout never. It sounds more polished than their previous work, and has a broad appeal from "Hey! We Ok!" to "Peace Song". August 7
6. Never Happy Ever After - As It Is - This album has not gotten the recognition is deserves. As It Is is a newer band, who just finished up being the first opening act on the AP Tour, but they are going big. Their sound combines Patty Walter's pop punk voice with Ben Biss' emo sound, and their lyrics can be played alongside 2008 My Chemical Romance. Punk Rock is not dead! April 20
4. Get Weird - Little Mix - Unlike Halsey's Badlands, Little Mix's strengths are in the melodies. This is the best album by the British quartet, and it brings girl power out of the 90s and into the twenty-first century. November 6
3. Badlands - Halsey - Badlands is my favorite album released by a female this year. It's badass and real, it's strengths are the lyrics. Halsey doesn't sugar coat anything, and it's about time we had a female pop star who is angry. August 28
2. Black Lines - Mayday Parade - This album has kind of flown under the radar, but when I listened to it, I was so impressed. It is a major improvement on Mayday Parades past albums, and it felt more genuine. It is one of the best albums to be released this year. October 9
1. Blurryface - twenty one pilots - Twenty one pilots had the best album of the year. They combined genres into a new sound that is uniquely them, a little punk rock and a little hip-hop. This album has a broad appeal and has launched TØP into the stratosphere. May 17
That got hella long kids. Let me know what you're top ten albums were! I wanted to do a top 10 songs too, maybe in the new year...